We may not be as well-known as some other brands, but GROB designs and builds universal machining centers that are like no other. Our machines are different from other 5-axis machines in several important ways:
- The unique retractable spindle virtually eliminates the chance for collisions while maximizing the usable work area
- Requires less floor space than other machines with the same work zone (buy one size smaller!)
- Manufacturers can choose from popular CNC control platforms including Siemens, Heidenhain and Fanuc
- More options are included as standard compared to other machines
- A wide range of automation is available to ensure highest machine availability and spindle utilization
Even better, these machines are built right in Bluffton, Ohio at GROB Systems. That means we have a complete inventory of every replacement part, and factory-direct service is provided by the same team of experts who build these machine.
"We had never seen a machine configured like this, and we were excited to see how the swiveling and rotating capability were combined in the table."
"You’re dealing with factory direct parts [GROB manufactures machine tools at its Bluffton, OH, plant] and technicians that are very knowledgeable and that was a big appeal for us.”
“We like the unique configuration of the spindle versus the worktable as the spindle comes in horizontally ... You can machine unique cutting geometries and hard to reach areas. The configuration is also good for chip control.”